Thursday, March 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Stars

Today is a special friend's birthday. I wish she were here on earth so I could wish her a happy birthday in person. And hug her. And hear that laugh. I miss that laugh. 

Josie has been asking more about heaven and who we know up there. She's also interested in how we can "see" them after they're gone. Our conversations have been best summed up by this: 


Then again, talking about stars and heaven also reminds me of this little gem from 1994. 

Pumbaa:
Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?

Timon:
Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.

Pumbaa:
Oh. What are they?

Timon:
They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing.

Pumbaa:
Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.

Timon:
Pumbaa, with you, everything's gas.

Great movie but the songs from The Lion King will always remind me of marching band. And that's a topic for another Thursday! 

Happy birthday Phyllis. I miss you. We all miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment