Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The icing on the cake

Josie has grown and changed a lot in the past few months. Some good changes, some not so good.

Truth stretching #1:

Me- What happened here? I swear I've only had one piece! 
(scratching my head after finding a half empty pack of gum that was brand new just a couple of days ago)

Josie- Wow! That's lot of gum gone mom. 

Me- Yes it is. Do you know anything about that? 

Josie- Nope. 

Me- Are you sure????

Josie- Yep. 

Me- Hmmm.....because it seems like you might know more than you're telling me. 

Fast forward 10 minutes of complete bewilderment from Josie....

Josie- I might have had a piece or two. 

Me- That's all? 

Josie- I'm sorry mom. I took it when you weren't looking. 

Me- Thank you for being honest. Please tell the truth right away next time. 


Next time:

Me- Hey Jo, do you know anything about why Barbie has all these colors in her hair? OMG! Is that nail polish???
(scratching my head while trying to figure out Barbie's hyper-color hair)

Josie- Nope. 

Me- Really? Because it looks like nail polish, or marker, or paint, or food coloring. 

Josie- I'm not really sure. Maybe Barbie wanted to try a new hair color.

Me- So you're telling me that Barbie decided this and went out and got her hair colored? Try again.

Fast forward through a 5 minute staring contest between Josie and I....

Josie- I may have tried to color it with markers.

Me- Thank you for finally being honest. That is not OK to do with your Barbie. Please tell the truth right away next time.


The next next time: 

Kari- Josie, do you know why it looks like the frosting container is open and someone stuck a finger it it?
(scratching her head while trying to frost Brent's birthday cake)

Josie- Nope.

Kari- Its important that we know whether the frosting was bought that way or if it happened after it was bought.

Josie- I don't know what happened. 

Fast forward through a lengthy discussion from the safety monitor regarding expiration dates, contamination and refrigeration

Josie- Yes, I tried the frosting.

Kari- Thank you for being honest. Please tell the truth right away next time.


1 hour later:

Kari- Heather, let me tell you a story about Josie and the frosting.
(as she re-caps the whole story)

Me- Are you sure the frosting was only opened today? Because we had that frosting sitting on our counter all week at home.

Kari- I'll be right back.

10 minutes later:

Kari- Yep, you were right Heather. After a bit of discussion she admitted that she opened the frosting at home. She will be telling her dad that his birthday cake was thrown away.

Later that night:

Me- Wow, that was kind of a tough day Josie.

Josie- Yes. I don't want to talk about it.

Me- But did you learn a lesson?

Josie- Yes. I learned that frosting needs to go in the fridge.

Fast forward through me pulling my hair out and suppressing a scream

Me- Good night Josie. Momma needs to rest.

The next day:

Me- What in the world? Who swiped some frosting off these 2 cupcakes?
(scratching my head as I stare at the 2 remaining "backup cupcakes" that were purchased to replace the cake)

Josie- I did! I did!

And that, my friends, is the icing on the cake. 





No comments:

Post a Comment