I know a lady who has earned her mommy badge. She's raised three what we like to call "spirited" boys. I've heard stories of boxing matches with winter mittens, holes punched in sheet rock, fireworks shot out of the front steps and what one of those lads considers "time served" at a religious school. Then those boys grew up. But one thing is for sure- those boys are still in her heart every day. She cooks and cares for them whether they are near or far. She supports them in all they do. And she loves and adores one of the most beautiful grandchildren you ever did see! I may be a bit biased on that one.....
Before she could officially earn her mommy badge and reach a state of blissful empty nest-dom she went through her share of ups and downs. As a matter of fact its been said (on more than one occasion) that she "never swore till she had those damn shittin' kids". After living with one of them for 9 years I sure do believe it!
Thanks for all you do anonymous mommy! She'd kill me if I included her name. Luckily you'll never figure it out from this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment