I apologize in advance if that song is now stuck in your head. It just seemed to fit the theme of this post too well so I had to do it.
Josie has been asking for "talk out loud books" for the past few weeks. I think she got the idea from our Dr. Seuss CD which has several of his more famous stories narrated by celebrities. Anyway, being the wonderful mother I am, I checked out the Scholastic book order to see what they had to offer. Unfortunately their selection either consisted of books we already had, books she wouldn't care for, and prices that seemed ridiculous. I then came up with the brilliant idea to record myself reading some of her favorite books. So I set up my recording studio (aka: computer room with webcam microphone) and set to work. After several failed attempts ("Mom, are you done yet" "Is it time for dinner" "Have you seen Figgy" right in the middle of the story) I burned the CD and handed my masterpiece over to Josie and her CD player. At this point I figured I could turn her loose with the pile of books and she'd have a jolly old time. Turns out I was right. It also turns out that reading Purplicious a million times is nowhere near as annoying as hearing yourself ready Purplicious with the CD on repeat.
Not so brilliant, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment