Don't you just love DVR? You can pause, record, rewind and fast forward all from the comfort of your little couch. Best invention ever! And I'm incredibly thankful for DVR due to the events of the past few weeks. Its been a lifesaver!
No, I'm not talking about using it to skip all the political commercials lately (though it has been nice to avoid some of the negativity) or make sure I'm always caught up on Grey's Anatomy and Parenthood (though its very good at that too). Its not that kind of DVR at all.
I'm talking about this type of DVR -Dearly Vital Relatives-
(just to clarify, "relatives" also includes friends because anyone who cares enough to listen to me ramble on about painful urination, plastic thingies in my body and how much damage a 5mm rock can cause might as well be considered family)
This type of DVR has let me pause my entire life in order to focus on letting myself heal. And pausing my life certainly required a bit of fast forwarding and channel jumping for others, but I could not have done it without them.
Just to name a few:
Visits and phone calls
Food and treats delivered to the house
Flowers, cards and balloons
Invites to another house for food and treats
Help with the 100 book challenge (yep- it definitely doesn't stop for a little kidney stone!)
Shuttle service (to and from school, to and from the doctor)
Puppy licks
Graciously shifting from co-chair to full chair of a committee
Support for Brent and Josie
Speaking of Brent and Josie, a special thank you to them. Brent- I'm sure its been like constant PMS around here for the past 3 weeks and you've tolerated me well. And Josie- every hug and drawing was its own special medicine.
So what am I saying here? I'm back (or at least I'm really close to it) and I appreciate every single one of you who played a role. Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment