Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grade school reunion

Tonight was school night at Wendy's which means a certain percentage of the profits at a particular store during set hours will be donated back to the school. Since I'm a team player and all (and maybe feeling a little guilty for not joining the PTA) I took Josie to said Wendy's during said hours. Pretty harmless........until we walked in the door and I heard

Josie's here!
Look, its Josie!
Josie, over here!
Mom, that's Josie!
Can I sit by Josie?
Josie, come to my table!

And this was from at least 6 different kids. Apparently Josie is Miss Social and knows everyone because some of these kids were quite a bit older than her. And they all wanted to sit by her. What am I- chopped liver? It was like a dang reunion in there!

We got our order and made our way through her adoring fans and Josie picked a seat right in the middle of the action. Then that's about all the time I had with her. The rest of the time was spent talking to friends, visiting other tables, giving hugs and grabbing an occasional bite of food. No wonder her cold lunch bag comes home with almost as much food as we packed in it. She's too busy talking to eat!

I guess I should bring this up at the next conference just to make sure its during recess and not during class. In the meantime I'm going to start saving for her senior pictures- I can only imagine how many wallets she's going to want to give out!

No comments:

Post a Comment