Friday, January 16, 2009

She's growing up!

Miss Josie is growing up so fast. The other day I posted about her "listening to her body" and how we thought she was paying attention to us but yet mocking us at the same time. Turns out she really is listening and we're fully into the potty training process right now. She's been showing all the signs- telling us when she has to go or has just gone, staying dry for long periods of time, interest in sitting on the potty, and the ability to pull her pants up and down herself. Yesterday she had 2 successes at daycare and continued along those lines at home with 2 more trips to the potty. Today she woke up and wanted underwear instead of a diaper so we've hunkered down at home and are ready to give this a try! I initiated several attempts at trying this morning but Josie mostly cried and wanted to hold my hand while she sat on the potty. Then after lunch we were making cookies and she wanted some chocolate chips. Brilliant mother that I am (don't laugh!), I told her she could have a couple of chips if she went potty. Off she ran to the bathroom, asked for some privacy and took care of business. I asked her who she wanted to call first and she yelled out "my friend ya-ya" so we picked up the phone and called Lydia right away. And then she wanted to call dad, and grandma, and, oh yeah- she wanted those chocolate chips I promised her in the first place. And the best part of all this? I think she's just as proud of herself as we are of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment