Sunday, March 19, 2017

3,000+

No, not 3,000+ followers of this blog. Its more like 3, so thanks Mom and Grandma. Ha!

For the first time since surgery I hit over 3,000 steps on my Fit Bit. Unfortunately I'm feeling every.single.one of them. I switched to a cane just over a week ago and while its considered a step in the right direction I kind of miss my crutch. I've hit a bit of a snag in the recovery process and am having a lot of difficulty getting my knee entirely straight. I made significant progress after 1 week of intensive physical therapy but then hit a wall again and have only moved a few degrees since. So maybe my crutch was.....a crutch.

Josie and Brent continue to take good care of me, but with Brent working nights it seems that Jo takes the brunt of the work. Yesterday the two of us braved a Target run thinking I'd ride a scooter and she could get things off the shelves for me. It was a brilliant plan until we realized that all of the scooters had zero battery charge. Apparently the scooter crowd met without me and I was late to the game.

Josie was very patient with me as we slowly moved up and down the aisles. She pushed the cart like a champ and only deviated toward the toy aisles a few times. As we were checking out she realized for the first time just how exhausting this trip was for me and was quick to help get the bags in the cart and led us out to the car. As we got the final bag in the trunk, even as she realized she was the one who would need to unload everything when we got home, she commented under her breath that "my mom is a champion". I wasn't quite sure I heard her correctly so I asked her to say it again. She gave me a big hug and said she was proud of me and that I'm a champion for making it through the store.

Given the fact that we're well into the 'tween drama these days I'll take it!

Decisions, decisions

Easy decision- NOT HAPPENING! 


No comments:

Post a Comment