Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What its all a"bout"

Meet Jen. She's your normal, every day, do it all wife, mother and friend. Super creative. Excellent cook. Kind, loving and a heart of gold. PTA member. Community volunteer. But slap a helmet and knee pads on that girl and you get Green Eggs and Slam.


You see, Jen has never played organized sports. N-e-v-e-r. Nope, no twice a week practices. No games won or lost at the last second. No grueling running drills to make up for your lackluster performance at the last game. Nada. But since the start of summer she's been busting her butt at least twice a week to get ready for her moment of glory. The first bout.



Crowds came out in droves to support my girl. Green hair and Seuss hats were everywhere! We even had a green mullet on our side. And lots of cute little kids with signs.





And some obnoxious grown ups with signs. 




And my little Slam skated her heart out! She was not afraid of falling. She was not afraid of a smack down. She should have maybe been more afraid of defeat (since that's what ultimately happened).


And after all that skating she signed autographs! And partied until the wee hours of the morning.





And after all was said and done I was left thinking that I love nights I can't remember with friends I can't forget.

That's you Slam- you amazed the heck out of me. You are unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment