Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And so it begins...

This morning Josie came in with some random outfit consisting of many colors, an alligator and stripes. Of course Brent deferred to me when the "does this match?" question came up.

I applauded Josie's choices but suggested that different pants may look nice with that particular shirt. Josie gladly accepted my suggestion and changed pants.

Then she came in our room with a pink barrette in her hair. It was in nowhere near a proper barrette location nor did it nicely hold the hair in a particular style. Think bedhead with a pink bow.

Again, I applauded Josie's styling effort but suggested that a more traditional use of the barrette would be appropriate. This time she did not care to accept my suggestion and continued to create more crazy hairstyles, asking if each one was better than the last.

In the end I won (as mom's usually do) but Josie scolded me for never letting her wear or do anything "fun and interesting". And while I may have won the stripe pants and barrette battle for now, I dread the day she tells me some strange piercing or tattoo is fun and interesting. I'm not prepared to handle a permanent fun or interesting addition to my daughter's sense of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment