Friday, May 17, 2013

Déjà vu

Dear Grandpa, 

I thought if you today and smiled. I shed a little tear. You see, Brent and I are spending the weekend in downtown Minneapolis, right near the Nicollet Mall. I have vivid memories of coming up here with you to see the Christmas display and the holiday parade. I also vividly recall you driving in the bus only lane and how mortifying it was for my pre-teen self to be in the vehicle when it happened. You kept saying we were tourists so it was ok. Those memories brought the tear. 

Now for the smile. It turns out that I have the tourist gene in my blood too because I proudly drove our minivan down that same bus only lane just this afternoon. My co-pilot was busy playing Angry Birds and I was trying to find the hotel and completely missed the sign. 

Oh how I miss you. Thanks for the memory....and the laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment