Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Adult supervision

I'm always on the lookout for decent looking shoes that can still meet the demands of my knee. While something like this is incredibly practical for me...

Thanks SassShoes.com
...its not very fashionable. Sorry Grandma Alice- I remember you wearing these!

I tried on a pair of Dankso shoes last week but just wasn't ready to commit. This week my mom bought 2 pairs and let me borrow one to test them out.

Josie: "Mom- look at those fancy shoes you have on. I like them."
Me: "Thanks Josie. Hopefully they work out and I can buy a pair too."
Josie: "What will your boss think of those shoes? Will she be mad?"
Me: "Well, first of all I think they'll be OK. Second, my boss is on vacation so she won't see them anyway."
Josie: "She's on vacation? How do you even know what to do all day?"
Me: "We're all grown ups and can take care of ourselves. We all have plenty to do at work."
Josie: "Well, if your boss isn't there then why are you even going? I would skip."

Well said Josie, well said. Unfortunately work isn't like a college class where you can bail out if the professor is more than ten minutes late.

No comments:

Post a Comment