Josie planted 3 pots of flowers tonight and insisted on doing it by herself. So I let her. End result? The poor flowers are probably not planted anywhere near deep enough (picture a light dusting of dirt over the top of the roots) but I was certainly entertained listening to her. She spoke to each flower as if it were her child. It went a little something like this:
Flower #1: Ooh, I know you're comfy in your home (container from store) but I'll give you a new home. Look, I made a little pocket for you to sleep in. Oh, that's a good little flower. Snuggle in there and start to grow. Now I'll cover you up with some dirt and you can go to sleep. I love you little flower.
Flower #2: Looky, looky little flower! I'm going to give you a new friend!!! You get to sleep right next to this other pretty flower. Look- twins! Oh, you're so cute together. Here's some dirt for you too.
Flower #3: Um, you don't really have any flowers on you. Did you lose them at Home Depot? Its ok- if you get lots of rest you can grow some new ones. I'll water you every day with my princess watering can. Do you like princesses? I do too!
Flower #4- Oops! I forgot dirt on you (flower #3). Better get you tucked in! Now look at this little flower. You have lots of growing to do! Time to meet your sisters!
And on, and on, and on........until all 3 pots were planted. She'll get a real lesson in planting from Great-Grandma Karen next week........or maybe it will be the other way around.

No comments:
Post a Comment