Apparently part of tweendom is hibernating in one's bedroom and screaming if a parent enters. Josie also assures me that tweens sleep in a lot. She's hadn't quite mastered that skill yet...
So my little "tween" has been insisting that she can't always pick up her toys in a timely manner because:
1. She worked hard to get things set up the right way
2. It's not my stuff so I shouldn't care
And
3. The mess is in her room and it's HER space
Needless to say, this logic has not gone over well with Brent and I. We finally put on our big kid undies and got the kahones to set a time limit and prepare to toss anything left out into the garbage.
Last night when the limit was reached I was shocked to find her room in very good shape. Garbage bag avoided! Proud parent moment!
Then, tonight, I opened the closet door.....
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and you're grounded for life!
No comments:
Post a Comment