Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Not-so-traditional anniversary gifts

Its our 10th anniversary tomorrow and Josie has been very concerned about what sort of gifts Brent and I are going to give each other. I tried explaining that an anniversary is sort of like a grown up birthday and presents aren't that big of a deal. She wasn't buying it. Then I explained that there are traditional gifts designated for each anniversary year. Hallmark says we should be giving each other tin/aluminum or diamond jewelry. I was given diamond earrings for Mother's Day and the pontoon is aluminum so I think we're covered on both fronts. Again, Josie wasn't buying it.

To ensure that a proper gift exchange occurs Josie has sat down with both of us and helped generate a list of gift ideas. Below is the list she provided to me:


  • Night without (CPAP) mask
  • Free kiss (from momma)
  • Dinner out (but not too spicy)
  • Your choice of movie (at home, while Jo watches separate movie)
  • Dinner at home (but something we all like, and not spicy)
  • Golf on Sunday (on TV)
  • Day off from mowing
  • Golf every day for one week
  • Catch a Muskie (that can mount on wall)
  • Ice cream for dinner
  • Coupon for steak (instead of what mom wants)
  • A day without mom (because she's sometimes annoying)
Again, we have the pontoon and we're going out to dinner tonight. I think we're covered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment