Josie and I took a trip to Pilot Mound in order to stop by the cemetery and church. Josie was interested in seeing the Fairclough name and hearing stories about Grandma Alice. She also picked out some special pink and white flowers to leave for Alice and was able to really make the connection on where her middle name (Marie) came from.
Then we toured the cemetery a bit and I told her about some other family members buried there. She was interested to hear that we considered naming her Amelia and thought that it was a very pretty name. After we finished at the cemetery we stopped by the church and sat inside for a bit. It was an incredibly hot day which reminded me of the day of Grandma's funeral. Josie was amused with just how small the church was and thought it was very pretty.
We then swung through Chatfield and I showed her the complex where Grandma lived. Seeing this place triggered a lot more memories and stories to share with Josie. She was disappointed that the building did not have a pool though!
It was a special time with Josie and I'm glad I was able to share it with her. Even though I talk about Grandma Alice at home this trip definitely helped put things in perspective for Josie. She came away with a giant list of questions about Tim's childhood so he's in for an interrogation some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment