Monday, July 28, 2014

The eyes have it

Back in high school the "cool kids" took a sportsman's biology class their senior year. The un-cool kids took fun classes like chemistry. Bet you can't guess which class I took!

So Ted was in sportsman's bio and one assignment was on taxidermy. Yes- stuffing something that used to be alive. Like any good hunter Ted decided to stuff a squirrel. Yes- one of those fluffy little things that run around the yard. One day my mom received a call from Ted asked if she had any googly eyes. You know- those crafty eyes that wiggle and jiggle? Yes- those eyes. I suppose its natural for a child care provider to have those on hands so Ted and his buddies headed right home to get them. Nothing thinking much more of it we all kind of forgot about the whole thing.

Until "It" came home.

"It" was a stuffed squirrel. With googly eyes. IN ITS NOSTRILS! We were all so stunned by the look of "It" that none of us noticed the inappropriately placed eyes. It was one of dad's friends that pointed it out the nostril faux pas at Ted's graduation.

I wish we still had the "It", or at least several dozen pictures of the monstrosity. Sadly I think one of the cat's got it. Can't blame the cat for trying to put "It" out of "It's" misery once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment