I've never been one to make May Day baskets, though I've certainly enjoyed helping on occasion. And I definitely don't mind receiving a basket, though that doesn't seem to happen so much in my adult life. What's up with that?
My friend Lori has done a fantastic job keeping this under celebrated holiday alive. Each year she makes and delivers baskets and May Day cheer. I'm so thankful to have her May Day spirit (not to mention her!) in our lives.
This year Josie couldn't wait to get home and check for "May Days". She was so excited to come home to not one, but two May Days! Then we had to get to work identifying our secret givers.
Basket one- This seems like something from Lori. But there's no peanuts so it can't be! But she knows I like candy so maybe it was Lori. And you know how I feel about Barbie and kites! I like her and she likes me so it must be Lori. I love her. But what if it was someone else?
Basket two- This one has Andes mints and you know what that means? It means Grandpa Tim! That's so nice! And look- the neighbors have a basket just like it. Tim knows us and the neighbors so it must be Tim. But what if it was someone else?
It turns out that Josie was correct about basket one, but basket two remains a mystery. She called to thank Grandpa but sadly he could not take credit for it.
Who is the giver of basket two? Do we have a renegade May Day fan in the neighborhood? Will the May Day tradition stay alive and well in our neck of the woods? Will there be basket making in our future? I guess we have to wait another year to see!

No comments:
Post a Comment