The day started with a quick visit with Daisy and a plan to pick up Fast passes for Soarin and Test Track. Crowds were relatively low today but Fast passes let us zip back on the rides after a late lunch and a trip around the World Showcase.
The early wake up call 180 days prior to our trip was well worth scoring our Le Cellier reservations for today. Brent and Josie both enjoyed steak while I made sure to check out their famous cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread. Josie was surprised with a birthday treat at the end of the meal- very cute!
Josie tried out a Kim Possible mission in France (following clues using a cell phone- she was a bit young but still enjoyed it) while Brent and I shared an orange Grey Goose slush. I think we got the better end of the deal in France! A Viking ship ride in Norway, drums in Japan and beer in Germany rounded out our whirlwind trip around the world. I definitely want to keep pursuing World Showcase as Josie gets older. So much more to see but she's just not patient enough quite yet.
| Drum show in Japan |
| O Canada |
Our first experience with Test Track was great. Josie hopes to drive that fast some day- I'll have to alert the authorities.... All of us enjoyed Soarin (hang gliding simulation ride) and hope the lines aren't bad when we sneak back to Epcot for dinner later in the week.
We were tired and hungry by the time we returned to the resort, so we grabbed a pizza, dessert and uber expensive beer and watched some of the Monday night football game. A couple of rounds with the ice pack on my knee calmed things down enough to hopefully sleep well tonight.
Up next- Hollywood Studios for rope drop tomorrow (gotta be ready for that Toy Story Mania mad dash- don't want another 75 minute wait this year!) and a relaxing afternoon of swimming and laundry. Wait- did I just say laundry was relaxing? Apparently everything IS better in Disney.
No comments:
Post a Comment