As her human mom I occasionally take responsibility for combing out Kate's hair. It's not fun and I don't enjoy it. Kind of like combing out Josie's incredibly thick hair after a windy day. Also not fun.
Tonight I happened to notice a few, how shall I describe them, split ends? No. Not split ends. Uneven ends? No. Hacked off and random has-been strands of hair? Yes- that's it.
See?
Any guesses what happened next?
"No, I didn't cut Kate's hair."
"No, I don't know why there are random teeny tiny pieces all over her head."
"No, I don't know why the left side is longer than the right."
"I really need to go to bed mom. I have school tomorrow."
It was really the last response that did her in. Dead giveaway.
Apparently Kate now needs a visit to the trendy American Girl Salon. And yes- that's a real place. For dolls. Who have had their hair hacked off.
And if we need to go to the salon, it's at the Mall of America. If we're at the Mall of America we might as well ride some rides. If we ride some rides we might as well have lunch. If we have lunch we might as well stay in a hotel.
Maybe crazy messed up Kate hair isn't so bad after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment