Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ancient history

We were driving past a high school this morning and Josie asked where the kids have recess. She was rather disappointed when I explained that recess as she knows it stops after elementary school. She said something about how she can't wait for college then. Apparently she knows something about  "college recess"- uh oh! 

I tried to regain some of her enthusiasm for post elementary school by pointing out that the kids get to switch classrooms and teachers for each class. I was explaining that she'd have one teacher in one room for math and another teacher in another room for history and so on. She quickly interjected that she knows all about history because it's something that happened "a long, long, long time ago.....like your birthday". Hmmmm......is 1978 considered ancient history these days? 

Someone is getting awfully close to a last minute switch to the naughty list! 

Merry Christmas!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment