This movie ROCKS! If you love the 80's. And if you have a good sense of humor and don't take the movie seriously. Because its cheesy....but a good kind of cheesy. Like cheesy potatoes. Or cheese whiz. Or something like that.
And its funny. Like watching a bunch of church ladies singing "Hit me with your best shot" in a church, with a picture of Tom Cruise in a thong at the altar. Or the conversation between two characters-
Her: I have to tell the truth. I'm a stripper.
Him: I'm in a boy band.
Her: You win.
And don't even get me started on the music. I could have sung along with every single song! And I probably would have if:
a. I would have gone to a happy hour prior to the movie
b. the movie theater weren't filled with people who went just because they won tickets rather than because they love the 80's
c. I would have been wearing my stone washed jeans, a Guess sweatshirt and Loves Baby's Soft perfume. And let's not forget that the big bangs and aqua net hairspray!
I think we'll be adding this to Brent's our collection of 80's movies: Dirty Dancing, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club and now Rock of Ages.
No comments:
Post a Comment