Josie has made some great progress on sight words lately, which has further added to her love of books and reading. As a matter of fact, she packed a big bag of books to bring to the camper and said she planned to "spend my time reading" this weekend.
Last night after reading her bedtime stories Josie asked if she could continue to read her books while I finished a chapter in my own book. As we were curled up reading together she kept asking how I was reading if I wasn't saying the words out loud. I simply explained that I read the words and hear them in my head. A few minutes later she snuggled up against me and kept pressing her ear to my ear. Here I thought she was trying to snuggle in to fall asleep until she asked why she couldn't hear me reading the words in my head.
Oh the simple logic of a 5 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment