“To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries.”
- A C Grayling, Financial Times
If you know me you likely know how much I enjoy reading. I come from a long line of readers and have been able to share this love with Josie. Fortunately, she has many others in her life who support literacy, including her Great-Aunt Barb and Great-Uncle Jack. Each year they've sent some special gifts for Josie (beautifully wrapped, I might add!) and each year I'm not sure who is more exited to open them- me or Josie. This year she received two very special books: an amazing Peter Pan pop-up book and a classic Gertrude Stein book that is tricky for an adult to read but certainly very fun to listen to as evident by Josie's giggles.
Josie may enjoy the gifts and the idea of having family that lives near Disneyland, but I hold dear to my heart the message behind the gifts that they choose. Then again, the fact that they live near Disneyland certainly doesn't hurt either.
If you know me you likely know how much I enjoy reading. I come from a long line of readers and have been able to share this love with Josie. Fortunately, she has many others in her life who support literacy, including her Great-Aunt Barb and Great-Uncle Jack. Each year they've sent some special gifts for Josie (beautifully wrapped, I might add!) and each year I'm not sure who is more exited to open them- me or Josie. This year she received two very special books: an amazing Peter Pan pop-up book and a classic Gertrude Stein book that is tricky for an adult to read but certainly very fun to listen to as evident by Josie's giggles.
Josie may enjoy the gifts and the idea of having family that lives near Disneyland, but I hold dear to my heart the message behind the gifts that they choose. Then again, the fact that they live near Disneyland certainly doesn't hurt either.
| Thank you Barb and Jack! |
No comments:
Post a Comment