

4 years ago today Brent proposed. Wait a second, scratch that. 4 years and ONE day ago Brent proposed for the first time. Yes, you read that right. For the first time. He came home from bowling and apparently had plenty of liquid courage in preparation for this ever important moment. I was still on crutches from knee surgery number 1, and was hobbling around trying to get ready for bed. He kept following me around like a lost puppy and finally asked me to just sit down. He came and sat next to me and started rambling on about how well the team bowled that night. Brent must have sensed that I could really care less about bowling and just wanted to get some sleep so he moved aside and said good night. As I was just about falling asleep he said he wanted to ask me a question and basically mumbled something about wanting to marry me. Of course I shot right up and asked him to repeat himself and he responded with a “never mind” before rolling over and passing out. A marriage proposal is nothing to “never mind” but I didn’t see a ring and he was already snoring so I figured I misunderstood him.
The next night, after bowling and far less liquid courage, Brent came home, sat me down (after conveniently moving my crutches out of the way so he knew he’d have my full attention) and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. This time he pulled out a beautiful ring so I knew it was for real. Even though I participated in a dress rehearsal the night before I was still a bit surprised when Brent proposed. We had only been together for about 6 weeks at that point, but when you know, you just know.
4 years, a wedding, another knee surgery and a 2 year old daughter later, I can’t believe how much my life has changed since that day. We’ve lived in 3 different houses (with 2 brief stops back at the Fairclough Temporary Housing Unit- thanks guys!), endured a flood, lost 2 cats, had a baby, and grown closer together every day. At the time I would have never pictured Brent cleaning up after a poop-in-the-tub accident last night (true story!) but I admire the father and husband he has become. I can’t wait to see where we’ll go in the future. And Brent, I’d say yes all over again.
The next night, after bowling and far less liquid courage, Brent came home, sat me down (after conveniently moving my crutches out of the way so he knew he’d have my full attention) and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. This time he pulled out a beautiful ring so I knew it was for real. Even though I participated in a dress rehearsal the night before I was still a bit surprised when Brent proposed. We had only been together for about 6 weeks at that point, but when you know, you just know.
4 years, a wedding, another knee surgery and a 2 year old daughter later, I can’t believe how much my life has changed since that day. We’ve lived in 3 different houses (with 2 brief stops back at the Fairclough Temporary Housing Unit- thanks guys!), endured a flood, lost 2 cats, had a baby, and grown closer together every day. At the time I would have never pictured Brent cleaning up after a poop-in-the-tub accident last night (true story!) but I admire the father and husband he has become. I can’t wait to see where we’ll go in the future. And Brent, I’d say yes all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment